This weekend the Carrier team sat down at the labs to work on the game for crunch time. We accomplished the following work:
- Implemented enemy art assets.
- Implemented damaged-state art assets.
- Embedded and implemented text fonts for scoring.
- Polished and recolored environment for cohesion.
- Progressed on enemy code, ground vehicles and air vehicles now work properly and animate.
- Implemented a temporary menu system.
- Added impact collision particles for responsiveness.
- Implemented acceleration reduction due to carrying heavier items.
- Player can now die and restart the game.
- Fixed many, many bugs.
Still much more to be done:
- Finish enemy AI and progression.
- Populate the world with non-enemy props.
- Fix winch animations.
- Implement the remaining art assets.
- Fix remaining bugs.
- Implement leaderboards.
- Build to Android.
Apologies for the short post, development is full speed at the moment.