This week the Carrier team play-tested our game with enemies implemented. We planned to implement score in addition to enemies but we did not completely flesh out enemies and score came after the play-test. We did get a lot of great feedback on the current state of our game, the most significant of which included:
- Collisions need impact explosions.
- Slow everything down.
- Vary enemy AI.
- Fix the interaction with world boundaries.
- Bugs, bugs, bugs.
The team met Saturday to address most of the issues, and implemented many game features that needed to be implemented. The team completed:
- Enemies spawning over time.
- Hard collision with world bounds, and redesigned art for world bounds.
- Player health is now displayed via a colored bar.
- Score increments when objects are destroyed, displays a ping at the position of the destruction and displays score below the health bar on the UI.
- Fixed several bugs, including collision bugs and objects continuing to update while held by the winch.
The plan for Thanksgiving break is to play-test out of class and report at the end of the week.
Thanks much for reading.